From the Mat up's Online Store

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A new blog and day three of the challenge!

Over the past few months, I have been keeping another blog, mostly anecdotes to keep friends and family who live far away updated about my life. However, after attending a yoga teacher training course back in October, I noticed that majority of my posts have included something about the yoga practice.  After much thought and deliberation, I decided to make a spin off and dedicate an entire space to yoga.

The last few entries in my other blog have discussed a 21-Day Yoga Challenge created by Yoga Journal.  If you haven't heard about the challenge, I describe it here.  It is my goal to complete the challenge, blog about it daily, and hopefully motivate others along the way (The first two days can be found here and here.)  I am continuing the yoga challenge blogs on this site starting today.

Today's yoga challenge was a core strengthening sequence and lasted about 20 minutes.  I loved this routine and really felt the burn in my abdomen.  However, I never felt strained or too tired to continue.  The instructor, Rebecca Urban, combined the perfect amount of effort and relaxation in her routine.  I would highly recommend this workout for any skill level (Beginners, that means you too!)  Everyone would be doing themselves a great favor by working out their core.  Not only will you experience a flatter middle, but you will notice that daily activities may become easier to complete (Ever had to twist and stretch in order to get something out of reach?)

The Swimmer... A variation on boat pose.

If you would like more information about today's challenge, this link will take you to the video. You can also sign up for the 21-Day Challenge newsletter at the same site.  By signing up, daily videos, recipes, and helpful tips will come straight to your inbox each day. Also, remember to check out my new blog daily for my thoughts on the day's practice (I also sometimes post my own personal tips.)  Have a great day and Om Namah Sivaya!

No comments:

Post a Comment